Traditional Chinese exercise, practiced for centuries. Slow, relaxed postures are a form of moving meditation. Promotes deeper breathing, improved balance, and stress management.
Classes include warm-ups, standing mediation and form instruction on Cheng-man Ch'ing Yang-Style form. Wear loose-fitting clothing and comfortable shoes.
Each session requires a minimum of five students.
Six-week introductory classes start July 3. Returning students are permitted to attend any of the offered class times. Contact instructor for details.
Times and location
- 11:15 - 11:45 a.m., Government Center, Room A-610
- Noon - 12:30 p.m., Government Center, Room A-610 (for beginning students only)
- 12:40 - 1:10 p.m., Government Center, Room A-610
- 4 - 5 p.m., Government Center, Room C2350 (a multi-level class open to beginners)*
*On July 10, July 17, and Aug 7, class will be held in room A0710.
Payment due on the first day you attend. Cash or check only. Checks payable to Julie Cisler.
- $64 for six weeks
- $15 per class for individual sessions
Attending a single class
Because a sequence of movements is part of the curriculum, and due to the short class time, persons attending a single class are encouraged to attend the first or second week class is offered. You may be allowed to attend as a single-class student for later sessions, contingent on approval of the instructor.
Email Julie Cisler at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-876-7915.