Small Business Relief Fund
Small Business Relief Fund
Funding opportunities to support businesses impacted by COVID-19
There are no current opportunities for Hennepin County Small Business Relief funds available at this time. However, other resources are available:
- Connect with a small business consultant at www.elevatebusinesshc.com.
- To learn more about other resources and initiatives in Hennepin County, please visit the Hennepin County’s resources for small businesses impacted by COVID-19 page.
- To receive additional updates, sign up for our Community and Economic Development: Business Support newsletter.
- An interactive tool that displays the impacts of small business relief funding through March 5, including 5,980 small business relief grants totaling more than $62.3 million can be found on Hennepin County’s Small Business Relief Fund impacts page.
On this page:
- Small business relief funding and selection process
- Prior rounds of Hennepin County Small Business Relief funding
- Interpreter services
Small business relief funding and selection process
The Hennepin County Board of Commissioners committed CARES Act and state resources to provide sufficient funding for at least one grant to all eligible businesses who completed applications and required paperwork for Hennepin County's five rounds of small business relief funding between May 2020 and March 2021.
In all application rounds, businesses were eligible based on criteria such as business size, revenue impacts due to COVID-19, and eligible expenses. Eligible businesses for each round were processed in randomized order to ensure fair access. In some rounds, priority was given to applicants that had not received funding through a prior Hennepin County SBR round. Geographic location within the county, race, ethnicity, and gender identity were not factors in determining eligibility or prioritization.
An interactive tool that displays the impacts of small business relief funding through March 5, including 5,980 small business relief grants totaling more than $62.3 million can be found on Hennepin County’s Small Business Relief Fund impacts page.
Prior rounds of Hennepin County Small Business Relief funding
Since May 2020, Hennepin County has approved $69.4 million in small business relief grants through five funding rounds:
- Round 1 (April 27–May 8): Grants up to $10,000 for businesses with 1-20 employees
- Round 2 (May 19–29): Grants up to $5,000 for self-employed entrepreneurs
- Round 3(July 30–August 12): Grants up to $15,000 for businesses with 1-50 employees
- Round 4 (November 23–December 1): Grants up to $15,000 for restaurants, bars, fitness, and entertainment venues with up to 100 employees
- Round 5 (January 4–14): Grants up to $15,000 for small businesses and nonprofits that earn revenue similar to businesses with up to 150 employees
Hennepin County offers free interpreter services upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Para asistencia / email@example.com
Yog xav tau kev pab / firstname.lastname@example.org
Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay / email@example.com