Preferred design alternative selected
After reviewing public comments, evaluating project purpose and need, as well as working with the Minnesota Department of Transportation and the City of Independence, Hennepin County is moving forward with designs based on alternative 3A.
Alternative 3A achieves three important goals:
- Providing substantial safety benefits to the County Road 92 and Highway 12 intersections, including a focused reduction in severe crashes.
- Enhancing mobility for users of County Road 92, while also providing better access to Highway 12.
- Allowing for potential future improvements to the Highway 12 corridor.
Preliminary layout of alternative 3A, the preferred design alternative. To see a larger image, click here.
Preliminary rendering of the preferred alternative. To see a larger image, click here.
Thank you for your participation
Thank you to everyone who has shared their time and ideas for the County Road 92 safety improvements project's concept design process.
We appreciate all who provided comments via the online community survey, in one-on-one visits and at the open houses.
We will now start initial design plans for the new intersection. This process will include:
- developing and refining design details
- completing geotechnical analysis and environmental studies of the project area
- developing preliminary construction timelines and staging
As we move forward with design plans in the coming months, we will provide opportunities for you to stay informed about the project's progress.
Project updates – with information about events and status updates -- will be provided via email and posted here.