Vendor accounting information

Find substitute W-9s as well as purchase order and invoice information for the county.

Expand all information

Substitute form W-9

The county collects accounting information from providers and vendors to pay for its goods and services, and reports those payments to the IRS when required.

A substitute form W-9 must be submitted by the vendor or supplier in order to do business with the county.

Submit by mail

Hennepin County Accounts Payable
A-12 Government Center, MC128
300 South Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55487-0128

Submit by fax


Submit by email

Electronic deposit form

You can arrange to have your payments from Hennepin County electronically deposited into your checking account by completing the ACH form. Please include your tax ID on the application or include a current W-9 with your application. Either send the form to the address on the form or email it to the Office of Budget and Finance at

Purchase orders

Purchase orders are required for almost all purchases of goods and services from the county. Vendors may indicate on the Substitute W-9 form whether they prefer to have purchase orders mailed or emailed.

Existing vendors can contact to request adding or updating their email address that receives purchase orders. 


Vendor invoices must include the county's purchase order number, and it is strongly recommended that each invoice have a unique invoice number.

If you have a question about payment on an invoice call accounts payable at 612-348-2976.

Submit by mail

Hennepin County Accounts Payable
PO Box 1388
Minneapolis, MN 55440-1388

Note: this is a different address from where the W-9 is sent

Submit by email

Collapse all information