What is it?
- Provides scholarships to owners of second stage growth businesses for business research combined with peer learning and business forums
- 2019-2020 program starts fall 2019; however, recruiting and applications are being accepted on a rolling basis
- View the program description.
What businesses are eligible?
- Privately held businesses
- 10 – 99 employees
- Revenue between $1M and $50M
- Ready to transition from small to large — past start-up stage but not yet mature
- Appetite and aptitude for growth
CEO Next Business Institute
Formerly called “Economic Gardening,” this program supports second-stage companies through advanced business and market research, peer and cohort learning, and expert forums. Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Dakota counties contract with the Edward Lowe Foundation, who administers the program, to allow qualifying businesses to participate for free.
CEO Next Business Institute provides practical tools and techniques designed specifically for growing regional second stage companies within the counties including provision of:
- System for Integrated Growth: 40 – 60 hours per participating CEO of intensive, advanced research
- CEO round table sessions: eight half-day sessions for the CEOs of selected core companies
- CEO forum events: eight sessions for participating CEOs and other second stage companies
Recent and upcoming events
Questions on the collaboration forum can be directed to Mary Matze at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-348-9812. Please share this invitation with businesses that you think could benefit from any of these programs!
Recent CEO Forum events
December 20, 2018 CEO Forum
Leadership & Business Growth Series (PDF)
June 22, 2018
Preparing for Exit: Lessons Learned (PDF)
May 18, 2018
The Importance of Succession Planning in Building a Profitable Business (PDF)
April 20, 2018
The Keys to Building a Successful Company: A Culture of Insight, Learning, and Innovation (PDF)
March 23, 2018
Building your business through loyalty marketing: What CEOs need to know (PDF)
January 19, 2018
From Growth to Succession (PDF)
November 17, 2017
Leveraging technology with leadership for greater success (PDF)
October 20, 2017
Contagious Culture: Our path to workplace productivity and profitability (PDF)
May 18, 2017
How to lead your business: Strategy in a digital age (PDF)
April 21, 2017
How to keep your business fit with leadership skills (PDF)
March 17, 2017
How leadership and strategy build a path to success (PDF)
February 17, 2017
Strategy for Comfortable Success (PDF)
For more information
For more information on the program and the application process, please contact the representative from your respective county or city.
City of St. Paul