Grants are available to help local units of government and organizations implement projects that prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species.
For more information, see the Aquatic Invasive Species Prevent Grants flyer (PDF).
Eligible recipients include:
- Local government agencies, such as cities, watershed organizations and park districts
- Nonprofit organizations
- Public companies and institutions
- Private, for-profit companies
Eligible project activities
Eligible project activities include:
- Assessing the risk of AIS introduction and the resources available to respond.
- Broadening knowledge and participation in early detection and rapid response.
- Prevent the spread of AIS.
- Researching and addressing specific pathways of introduction.
- Increasing enforcement resources.
- Increasing public awareness and participation in prevention.
Up to $300,000 in grants funds are available. Typical project awards will range from $15,000 to $25,000, with a maximum project award of $50,000. No match required.
Eligible expenses include consulting fees, staff time, materials, supplies, labor, printing and promotions.
Applications due by 4:30 p.m. on January 12, 2018.
To apply, complete the:
Staff is available to answer questions, offer resources and provide feedback on project ideas.
For more information, contact Tony Brough at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-348-4378.