Small Business Relief Fund
Small Business Relief Fund
Funding opportunities to support businesses impacted by COVID-19
Small business and nonprofit relief application period closed
The application period for small business and nonprofit relief is closed. Grant applications opened Monday, January 4 at noon and closed Thursday, January 14 at noon for eligible small businesses and nonprofits that have been financially harmed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since May 2020, Hennepin County approved $44.75 million in small business relief grants through four application rounds. Learn more about previous funding rounds here.
On this page:
- Program guidelines and frequently asked questions
- Next steps
- Prior rounds of Hennepin County Small Business Relief funding
- Connecting to resources
- Program guidelines: Fondo de ayuda a la pequeña empresa y a empresas sin fines de lucro (Ronda 5)
- FAQ: Preguntas frecuentes
- Program guidelines: Nyiaj Pab Rau Lag Luam Me thiab Cov Nonprofit (Zaum 5)
- FAQ: Cov Lus Nug Nqhuag Nug Txog (FAQ)
- Program guidelines: Ganacsi Yaryar iyo Deeqda Gargaarka Aan Macaash doonka Ahayn (Wareega 5aad)
- FAQ:Su'aalaha Badanaa Layswaydiiyo
- Program guidelines: Daldala xiqqaa fi maallaqa gargaarsaa bu’aaf hin hojjetamnee (Marsaa 5)
- FAQ: Gaaffiiwwan Irran Deddeebiin Gaafataman (FAQ)
Hennepin County offers free interpreter services upon request. Please email email@example.com.
- The fund administrator, NextStage, will notify approved applicants by email. Applicants should monitor their email inbox, including spam folders for an email from HennepinCo@nextstagemn.org
- NextStage may request additional documentation to verify eligibility. Failure to submit required documentation will result in non-payment.
- Once required documentation has been accepted, the applicant will enter into an agreement before payment.
- Terms will be included in the agreement, including expense documentation and reporting requirements.
- In the event federal funding becomes available to fund this program, the funding source may change and Hennepin County and/or applicants must comply with all terms of the federal funding source and any applicable Single Audit Act requirements, including the need for federal single audits.
- Funds may be subject to federal and state taxes.
Hennepin County reserves the right to accept or reject any or all applications received, to accept or reject any late applications, to request additional information as deemed necessary to review any application. Final grant decisions will be made by the fund administrator and Hennepin County Housing and Economic Development after a thorough review of all application materials.
Since May 2020, Hennepin County has approved $44.7 million in small business relief grants through four prior funding rounds:
- Round 2: May 19-29: Grants up to $5,000 for self-employed entrepreneurs
- Round 3: July 30-August 12: Grants up to $15,000 for businesses with 1-50 employees
- Round 4: November 23-December 1: Restaurants, bars, fitness, and entertainment venues directly impacted by Executive Order 20-99 were able to apply for grants up to $15,000. Business owners who applied have been notified of the status of funding. If you applied and have not received an email communication from Hennepin County or NextStage, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about other resources and initiatives in Hennepin County, please visit the Hennepin County’s Resources for small businesses impacted by COVID-19 page.
To receive additional updates, sign up for our business support newsletter.