Five years of growth and impact
In 2018, Adult Representation Services (ARS) was created to help Hennepin County residents who needed legal representation in civil cases but could not afford an attorney.
Over the last five years, the department has expanded to help residents with:
- Child protection and child support contempt
- Housing and eviction court
- Guardianship and conservatorship
- Civil commitment
- Support services before, during, and after court cases
- Assistance and mentorship to help clients achieve stability and avoid court involvement
Thanks to the hard work and dedication of the staff, Adult Representation Services has been able to assist in 3,435 cases so far in 2023 – more than three times the number of cases they had their first year.
“We have assisted and advocated for thousands of clients over the course of our five years. The fact that we are successful in obtaining really great outcomes for our clients can't be understated though. We have helped so many residents stay in homes, reunify with their children, and terminate longstanding guardianships.” – Principal Attorney Rachelle Loewenson Stratton