Positively Hennepin, Hennepin County's HIV strategy, is based on this: It's preventable. It's treatable. So it's stoppable.
The strategy envisions a Hennepin County where
- Residents living with HIV/AIDS have healthy, vibrant lives
- There are no new HIV infections
- All have equitable access to HIV prevention and care
- Decrease new HIV infections
- Ensure care, access and retention
- Engage and facilitate empowerment of communities disproportionately affected by HIV
Major advances have transformed how to detect, treat and prevent HIV. Positively Hennepin will leverage these advances and better coordinate efforts to significantly reduce the number of new HIV infections in Hennepin County. This will be accomplished specifically through:
- Improved case identification - the deployment of systems that better identify HIV-infected individuals (both those unaware and those aware but not in care) and quickly get them into appropriate care
- Wide use of modern safeguards - the expanded provision of preventive medications, such as PrEP and PEP, to reduce HIV transmission among those at highest risk
- Equal options for all - truly equitable access to effective prevention and care services
Positively Hennepin launches
Resources – documents
Resources – organizations
Minnesota AIDS Project AIDSLine
The MAP AIDSLine is Minnesota's statewide information and referral service that can answer your questions about HIV and link you to help. Learn more in MAP's resource guide.
National HIV/AIDS strategy
The National HIV/AIDS Strategy is a five-year plan that details principles, priorities, and actions to guide our collective national response to the HIV epidemic.
Minnesota Council for HIV Care and Prevention (MCHACP)
MCHACP members include people with HIV and others who have a stake in HIV prevention and care. MCHACP helps develop, update, and monitor the Minnesota comprehensive jurisdictional plan for HIV prevention, care and treatment; makes Ryan White funding recommendations; and prioritizes populations for HIV prevention services.