Eastbound traffic on Washington Avenue (County Road 152) is detoured to 4th Street between 2nd and 5th avenues. This detour will remain in place until fall.
Westbound Washington Avenue will remain open through 2017, although some short-term lane reductions are possible.
Brief closure of 5th Avenue South starts on June 16
Beginning Friday, June 16, the southeastern corner of the intersection at 5th Avenue South and Washington Avenue South will be closed. This will allow crews to perform critical underground utility work in the intersection.
If you are travelling on 5th Avenue in this area during this closure:
- Westbound traffic will have one lane available to turn onto Washington Avenue
- All eastbound traffic will be detoured to South 4th Street and Park Avenue
Weather permitting, this closure is anticipated to last until the end of the day on Monday, June 19.
Cycle track remains closed
The new cycle track (off-street bike path) will remain closed until new traffic lights with bike-specific signals are installed. This is to ensure the safety of bicyclists and other road users. If you are traveling by bicycle in the area, you may consider choosing an alternate route such as:
- 2nd Street for traveling east or west
- 3rd Street for traveling east
- 4th Street for traveling west
- West River Parkway for traveling east or west
All these routes run parallel to Washington Avenue and have dedicated bicycle infrastructure.