Research, Planning, & Development Department
Hennepin County's Department of Research, Planning, & Development engages in research, planning and analysis that support and inform public policy and county practice.
Research, planning and analysis
- Environmental scanning and trend analysis
- Statistical, economic and cost-benefit analysis
- Program evaluation
- Policy planning and analysis
- Qualitative data collection and analysis
- Survey research
- Census data analysis
Strategic planning and initiative management
- Provide leadership across business lines and systems
- Research causes and evidence-based solutions
- Develop strategies to address major issues and respond to changing environment
County performance management
- Training and support on performance management tools—Balanced Scorecard, Improved business and decision making
Results of Our Work
- Research and trend analysis helps identify emerging complex issues affecting the county and guides proactive policy development.
- Research, analysis and evaluation supports organizational change.
- Hennepin county and its partners support changes to improve outcomes for residents through countywide strategic initiatives.
- Regular analysis and efficient distribution of countywide performance data enhances business decision making.
Countywide research reports are available under About, Research & Data, Census & Surveys.
Research, Planning, & Development
A-2308 Government Center
300 S. 6th Street