Paths to Positivity
Paths to Positivity is a five-week mental well-being campaign designed to help your employees practice daily activities that lead to a happier, healthier life. Attend the Paths to Positivity training to:
- Hear from featured speaker Jina Schaefer who has been inspiring others to be the most joyful, healthful version of themselves since 2002.
- Learn how connecting with others, minding our mood, and finding our purpose are all linked to better mental well-being.
- Receive all the tools and resources you need to bring Paths to Positivity to your workplace.
- Connect with other worksite wellness coordinators.
Date: Thursday, November 10, 2016
Time: 9:30 -11:30 a.m.
Where: Oakwood Room, French Park Visitor Center
12605 Rockford Rd, Plymouth, MN 55441
Find directions to the venue.
Cost: $25 per person in advance or $30 per person at the training.
We look forward to seeing you on November 10!
Advancing worksite wellness in Hennepin County
Health@Work offers a wide array of low- and no-cost services and resources to help employers in Hennepin County promote healthy worksites and employees.
Read the Health@Work campaign overviews (DOCX).
Networking and consultations
- Active@Work Consultations — Active@Work staff will come to your worksite and conduct a worksite physical activity support assessment, create an action plan to increase employee physical activity, map a walking route for employees and provide additional technical assistance. The service is free. Email Anne Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food@Work Consultations — Our staff will assess the nutrition environment at your organization, provide recommendations to support healthy eating among employees and offer healthy nutrition resources and technical assistance. The service is free. Email Maia Seitz at email@example.com.
- Networking breakfasts — Attend these free events to hear from worksites that have made healthy changes, including health topics such as tobacco, nutrition, physical activity, employee benefits and work-life balance. There is also time for networking, asking questions and sharing ideas. A light breakfast is served. Email Linda Brandt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Hennepin County Worksite Advisory Council (DOCX) was established to provide input and direction in making Health@Work health promotion activities relevant and helpful to worksite health promotion coordinators. Health@Work provides resources that promote healthier lifestyles for employees in organizations located in Hennepin County. Email Kelly Harjes at email@example.com.
Improving vending machine choices
Food choices, environment and lifestyle all impact our health. Our environment strongly influences what we eat by determining what is available and affordable. Vending machines may be the only source of food or snacks in some situations. Increasing healthy options in vending machines can make a big difference in health. The following resources can help you get healthier choices in your vending machines.
Ask us about these challenges and resources for your worksite.
To learn more about upcoming Health@Work events, join the Health@Work's LinkedIn group and "like" Hennepin County Public Health's Facebook page.
For general information, email Linda Brandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-348-6728.