View current openings.
Apply for this opportunity.
Browse Hennepin County's volunteer opportunities.
Department of Community Corrections and Rehabilitation
Kinds of work volunteers do
Adult Corrections Facility volunteers work with make and female facility residents in a variety of areas, including:
- Tutoring and education classroom support
- Alcoholics Anonymous and NA support group facilitation
- Job seeking support
- Clerical operational support
We also run the Parkers Lake Golf Center on our campus, and utilize volunteers for customer service at the golf center.
Our bible study/worship/spiritual counseling volunteer opportunities are currently at capacity.
Adult Corrections Facility
- 19 years of age and older
Types of opportunities
- Ongoing volunteering opportunities
Days and limited evenings (no weekends, except at the Parker's Lake Golf Center)
Application process for becoming a volunteer
- Fill out an online volunteer application form.
- Participate in an exploratory interview.
- Interview with perspective supervisory staff members.
- Successfully pass a reference check.
- Successfully pass a fingerprinting background check.
- Attend a mandatory volunteer orientation session.
- Volunteers must provide their own transportation.
- The facility's visitor parking lots are free.
- Metro Transit bus routes 771 and 776 stop within one mile of the facility.