Assured Access is a program that confirms household income level and provides Hennepin County residents with a list of clinics that charge for outpatient services on a sliding fee scale. Assured Access is not medical insurance. Clinics base their charges on a sliding fee scale according to income. Discounts range from 25 - 100%; clinics determine the discount.
- Assured Access is a service offered to Hennepin County residents that verifies household income and provides a list of clinics that use a sliding fee scale.
- Assured Access is effective the 1st of the month after the enrollment process is completed and continues for 1 year. Some clinics may allow you to apply the discount for services incurred up to the 3 months previous to the eligibility effective date.
- The discount you receive will depend on the income level (% of FPG) shown on your card.
- You must pay your bill within 90 days. If you cannot pay all of what you owe you must call the clinic or provider and establish a payment plan.
- Providers will bill you directly for their services. Your bill should show the amount you owe after the discount has been applied. If you have questions about your bill, contact your provider.
Applying for Assured Access is easy!
There are three ways to apply:
- Apply for Assured Access with any Assured Access provider.
- Download an Assured Access Eligibility Form and either FAX to 612-466-9688 or mail to: Hennepin County Office of Multi-Cultural Services, 330 S. 12th Street, Suite 3700, Minneapolis, MN, 55404.
- Request an Assured Access application via telephone at 612-348-6141 (English) and 612-596-6639 (Spanish) or visit the Hennepin County Office of Multi-Cultural Services located at the Century Plaza Building, 330 S. 12th Street, Suite 3700, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Assured Access insurance?
No, Assured Access is not insurance it is a program that works with sliding fee scale clinics. In most cases if you are eligible for public programs or have medical insurance you will not be eligible for Assured Access.
- What is a sliding fee scale?
A sliding fee scale clinic is a clinic that sets their service prices according to a patient’s income and household size. The discount is set by linking the income and household size to the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG).
- What is my discount?
You will need to contact the individual clinic to find out what your discount percentage will be since the discount varies from clinic to clinic. Assured Access does not determine the discount but documents your income level (FPG %) on the Assured Access card. The percentage on your card is not the discount that will be provided. Assured Access staff does not have access to the discount information for participating clinics.
- Are prescriptions for medication discounted?
Prescriptions from clinics that have a pharmacy on site can be discounted (see the Clinic List at the bottom of this page). The prescription needs to be written from a doctor at that clinic with a pharmacy on site (i.e. NorthPoint Pharmacy only accepts prescriptions from NorthPoint physicians). A prescription cannot be filled at pharmacies outside those listed in the Assured Access Clinic List for a discount.
- How do I take care of previous bills that may be within the retroactive date on my cards?
If you have bills from a clinic that accepts Assured Access, please call the specific clinic to make sure they provide discounts on previous bills. Let them know that you have the Assured Access card and provide them with the information from the card.
- What if my card is lost or stolen?
Please call the Assured Access phone line and leave a message requesting a new card. Please spell your name and leave a date of birth.
- What if there is a mistake printed on my card?
Please mail one of the incorrect cards with the changes that need to be made back to the Assured Access address. Or call the Assured Access phone line and leave a message with the client ID number from the card you received and the changes that need to be made. A new card will be sent by mail.
- What if I need to renew my Assured Access membership?
Assured Access is effective for one year unless you move outside of Hennepin County prior to the expiration date. Anytime during the month your card is to expire, call the Assured Access phone line and leave a message requesting a new application. Please leave a name and mailing address. The renewal application is the same form used to apply for the first time. You can also pick one up in person at the Century Plaza Building, 330 South 12th Street, Suite 3700, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Assured Access Manual
Contact Hennepin County Assured Access staff at:
- 612-348-6141 (English)
- 612-596-6639 (Spanish)