Call 612-348-6100 to schedule an appointment at a WIC site near you.
The Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) is a free program that helps pregnant women, new mothers, babies and young children eat well and stay healthy.
What does WIC provide?
Nutrition education and counseling
Professional nutrition staff provide guidance on eating well, including:
- One-on-one nutrition assessment and education
- Breastfeeding advice and support
- Cooking tips and recipes
- Advice on feeding picky eaters
WIC provides vouchers for:
- Whole grain bread, rice, oatmeal, and tortillas
- Fruit and vegetables
- Milk, cheese, and eggs
- 100% fruit juice
- Canned and dried beans, peanut butter, lentils, and peas
- Baby formula — although WIC emphasizes breastfeeding, participants may choose some formula options
- Baby food — fruit, vegetables, cereal, and meat
- Soy beverages and tofu
- Tuna or salmon for women who are exclusively breastfeeding
WIC staff can help you with referrals to health and social service providers.
Who can participate in WIC?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a pregnant or breastfeeding women or a child under age 5
- Meet income requirements — ample income guidelines allow many working families, as well as those on public assistance, to participate
- For example: a family of four earning over $60,000/year may be eligible
- Be at risk for health problems or have poor nutrition
Call 612-348-6100 to make an appointment at a WIC site near you.
- No application to complete
- Appointments scheduled for the same day or for up to two weeks ahead
- Help available in any language
* Walk-ins accepted, but there is no guarantee of a same-day appointment.
Appointments are available Monday through Friday at nine regional sites throughout Hennepin County, including locations in:
- South Minneapolis
- North Minneapolis
- Northern suburbs
- Western suburbs
- Downtown Minneapolis
Call 612-348-6100 for exact locations and hours.
If you live in Bloomington, Edina, or Richfield
WIC services are provided by the Bloomington Health Department WIC Program. Call 952-563-8993 to schedule an appointment.