This is a basic guideline for accessing services provided by Hennepin County Human Services and Public Health Department.
Program Area: Domestic Abuse Service Center
Contact Number: 612-348-5073
Program Summary: Services for persons who have experienced domestic violence
Any Hennepin County resident that is a victim of domestic violence
Legal Advocacy Provided
- Domestic Abuse Service Center staff will prepare an Order for Protection, submit it to the signing judge for review, file and process the documents for service by the Hennepin County Sheriff's Department.
Advocacy and Assistance
- On site are advocates from Asian Women United of Minnesota, Casa de Esperanza, Division of Indian Work, African Immigrant Services, Phyllis Wheatley, OutFront Minnesota
- domestic abuse criminal assistance
- Child protection services
- Economic assistance
- Information about other resources
- Children's playroom on-site
- Deputy Sheriff on-site providing security
How to obtain services:
Individuals who need an Order for Protection or any other assistance to address domestic abuse may call or walk-in, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
- To find out if your Order was served, contact Sheriff's Office at 612-348-3800
Hennepin County Government Center
Room A-0650 (lower level)
300 South 6th St.
Minneapolis, MN 55487
Web: Hennepin County Attorney's Office
Last Update: 06/24/10