There are many places to apply for cash assistance, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (food support), and health care coverage. There are sites that are walk-in only, no appointments, appointments only, and both. Interpreters are provided. Call 612-596-1300 for more information or to apply at an appointment-only site.
By Appointment Only
Note - these offices do not take nursing home applications.
- Brookdale Regional Center, 6125 Shingle Creek Parkway, Brooklyn Center 55430, Monday - Fridays by appointment only.
- Champlin Community Center, 12450 Gettysburg Ave. N., Champlin 55316, Tuesdays by appointment only.
- Creekside Community Center, 9801 Penn Ave. S., Bloomington 55431, Monday - Fridays by appointment only.
- C.R.O.S.S. (Christians Reaching Out in Social Service), 12915 Weinand Circle, Rogers, MN 55374. Fridays by appointment only.
- Eden Prairie Service Center (U of M Extension Suite), 479 Prairie Center Drive, Eden Prairie 55344, Tuesday - Thursdays by appointment only.
- Greater Minneapolis Council of Churches Center for Families, 3333 N. 4rd Street, Minneapolis 55412, Thursdays by appointment only.
- Plymouth Interfaith Outreach and Community Partners (IOCP) HSPHD Office, 1605 County Road 101 N, Plymouth MN 55447, Monday-Friday by appointment only. Phone 612-596-0777.
- Powderhorn Neighborhood Office, 1201 East Lake Street, Minneapolis MN 55407, serving the neighborhood bounded by Franklin Ave. on the north, 54th Street on the south, River Road on the east, and Highway 100 on the west. By appointment only.
- PROP (People Reaching Out to Other People), 14700 Martin Drive, Eden Prairie 55344, Wednesday morning and evening, and Friday mornings by appointment only.
- Resources West, 915 Mainstreet, Hopkins 55343, Thursdays by appointment only.
- Richfield HUB Hennepin Care South Clinic, 44 W. 66th Street West, Richfield 55423, Tuesdays PM by appointment only.
- Ridgedale Regional Center, 12601 Ridgedale Drive, Minnetonka 55305, Monday - Fridays by appointment only.
- The Village Social Services, 1007 West Broadway, Minneapolis 55411, Monday - Fridays by appointment only.
- WeCan, 2434 Commerce Blvd., Mound 55364, Tuesday AM by appointment.
- Limited English - It is important that applicants with limited English-speaking skills have access to County-provided interpreters in their native language. The languages available for interpretive services vary by office location. If we do not have an interpreter onsite, we will phone an interpretive language line for assistance.
- American Sign Language (ASL) - All areas offer interpreter services for the hearing impaired. An appointment is preferred if an ASL interpreter is needed to schedule an ASL interpreter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I make an appointment?
A: Phone 612-596-1300 and do not put in your case number
Q: Do I have to come to an office to apply for only Health Care Programs?
A: No, this can be done by mail.
Q: Do you have to go to the office to apply for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (food support)?
A: No, you do not need to go to the office; however you do need to complete an interview either by phone or face-to-face.