Give away, sell or donate
If your appliance is in working condition, give it away, sell it, or donate it to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore, Better Futures Minnesota, or Salvation Army.
There are several options for recycling appliances:
- See a list of companies that accept appliances for recycling at Rethink Recycling.
- Check with your waste hauler to see if they offer special pick-up service for appliances.
- If you are purchasing a new appliance, check with the retailer to see if they will take your old appliance for recycling.
- If you are a Minneapolis resident, check to see if your appliance can be recycled curbside and through the voucher program.
- Xcel Energy offers a cash rebate and free pick up and recycling service for your spare refrigerator or freezer that is in working condition.