View the overall structure and page elements on the sample web page.
- One to two lines
- Concise and descriptive title
- Avoid acronyms and jargon. If acronyms are used, write them out in the first paragraph.
Examples of correct formats:
300 South 6th Street
A600 Government Center
Minneapolis, MN 55487
M-F, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Denise Jones, community engagement
If there is no email address, include a name or department title with phone numbers or addresses.
The contact name should not exceed two lines.
Metadata and search
Metadata is required for every web page. Include page description and keywords so search engines can find the page. See an example of Sitecore metadata (DOC).
Images, videos and interactive maps
- Image documentation of copyright, waivers and licensing is required before use
- Optimization of the image is required and can be done by web team
- An image may be placed in the right column directly above contact information. The image must be 230px by 163px. It should relate to the content on the page.
- Images, interactive map or video may be embedded in the first drawer. The first drawer may be set to open automatically.
- Limit to seven drawers per page
- Keep drawer titles concise and descriptive
Before saving a document or image into Sitecore, give the file an intuitive name and assign a document type.
- File name should be descriptive and short
- Use hyphens to separate words
- Example: recycle-everywhere-brochure.docx
- Do not include unnecessary prepositions
- Correct: sheds-building-land-list.pdf
- Incorrect: the-sheds-or-building-and-land-list.pdf
Document format and size
Documents on Hennepin.us must be labeled according to file type and extension. The format is "File title (file extension)."
Right-click on the file name and select "Properties." The file extension will be noted as part of the "Type of file" listing on the "General" tab.
Include the file size for documents larger than 5 MB and round to the nearest MB. 1 MB = 1024 KB
Featured links and downloads
A featured link should be used for the most important links. A featured download link should be used for the most important document links.
- Up to four links total
- Link text should be concise and descriptive. Examples for link text:
- Map of county road 12 construction (PDF 5MB)
- Meeting agenda and notes from Oct. 31 workshop (DOC)
- Video of five Twin Cities WIC facilities (YouTube)
Web pages within Hennepin.us that have related content can be listed under related pages.
- Up to five links
- Up to two lines per link
- Links go to web pages within Hennepin.us (no outside links; no documents)
Links within bullets
Bullets should not be part of a link.
Incorrect (in a drawer. Outside a drawer, the bullet will be blue and underlined if it is hyperlinked):
Periods should not be part of a link.
Instead of creating in-line links, put the link at the end of the sentence and use a descriptive link label.
- All lowercase
- Accompanied by lead-in text
- Cannot wrap to two lines
Correct: Contact Jane Doe at email@example.com.
Incorrect: Contact Jane Doe at Jane.Doe@hennepin.us.