You have access to three types of retirement education.
Hennepin County retirement planning seminars*
Topics include the resignation process, severance pay, insurance continuation coverage, retirement plans, Social Security, and financial and estate planning basics.
- For individuals considering retirement in the next five years
- Register through APEX
- Held quarterly
All seminars run from 8 am to 4 pm.
- Thursday, June 5 – Central Library, Pohlad Auditorium
- Thursday, September 4 - Central Library, Pohlad Auditorium
- Thursday, December 4 - Central Library, Pohlad Auditorium
*You may attend pre-retirement planning seminars (sponsored by HR and scheduled in APEX) on county time with supervisory approval.
You may print or save the following information. It will not be provided at the seminar.
Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) seminars
Topics include general financial planning, retirement income, Social Security and PERA benefit income, planning for health insurance, housing, use of time, and legal matters.
Group conferences with a PERA counselor
Topics focus on your individual PERA account and the retirement options best suited for you.
- For individuals within five years of retirement
- Contact PERA to set up an appointment
- Meet PERA staff on specified dates at county locations