This health insurance plan offers employees comprehensive coverage provided through a defined network of physicians, clinics and hospitals. The plan has both in-network and out-of-network benefits. There are no referrals; you have access to all the providers within your selected network. Additional benefits of the plan include:
- Lower premiums - singles save nearly $400 and families almost $1100 a year in premiums compared to the Standard plan premiums
- Three free copays per member per year, includes: office visits, urgent care or online care for illness or injury
- Special concierge phone line to provide assistance and answer any questions
Is HCMC covered under the Advantage plans?
No. HCMC is not in either Advantage network. The Be Well Clinic is available with no copay to both Standard plan and Advantage plan members.
What’s the catch?
There is no catch. Because your care is provided through a defined network, the county believes care will be more coordinated, the quality will be better and costs will be less, with fewer duplicate services or unnecessary care. The entire expected savings has been passed on to our employees in lower premiums for 2014.
- With Advantage you select the network that is right for you. You are able to see any provider in that network for the same co-pay; there are no tiers.
How it works
- Choose a network:
- Fairview / North Memorial / HealthEast (FV/NM/HE)
- HealthPartners / Park Nicollet (HP/PN)
- Review coverage summary (benefits with incentive (XLS), benefits without incentive (XLS))
- All family members must be enrolled in the same network
- A family status change only allows the adding or dropping of dependents to the health plan you are currently enrolled in. You must wait until the next open enrollment to change your health plan.
- Premiums are deducted from the first and second paycheck each month on a pre-tax basis
This health insurance plan offers comprehensive benefits in and out-of-network. The provider network is tiered based on quality and cost ratings. The tier of the provider you see will determine your out-of-pocket costs, such as deductibles and copays. Each covered family member may use providers in any tier. There are no referrals; you have access to all the providers within the network.
How it works