Traditional Chinese exercise, practiced for centuries. Slow, relaxed postures are a form of moving meditation. Promotes deeper breathing, improved balance, and stress management.
Classes include warm-ups, standing mediation and form instruction on Cheng-man Ch'ing Yang-Style form. Wear loose-fitting clothing and comfortable shoes.
Each session requires a minimum of five students.
Six-week introductory classes start October 31. Returning students are permitted to attend any of the offered class times. Contact instructor for details.
Times and location
- 11:15 - 11:45 a.m., Government Center, Room A-610
- Noon - 12:30 p.m., Government Center, Room A-610 (for beginning students only)
- 12:40 - 1:10 p.m., Government Center, Room A-610
- 4 - 5 p.m., Government Center, Room C2350 (a multi-level class open to beginners)
Payment due on the first day you attend. Cash or check only. Checks payable to Julie Cisler
- $64 for six weeks
- $15 per class for individual sessions
Attending a single class
Because a sequence of movements is part of the curriculum, and due to the short class time, persons attending a single class are encouraged to attend the first or second week class is offered. You may be allowed to attend as a single-class student for later sessions, contingent on approval of the instructor.
Email Julie Cisler at email@example.com or call 612-876-7915.