Hennepin County campaign finance reporting is governed by Minnesota Statutes (MS) 383B.041-.058 and sections of MS 211A and MS 211B.
Each political committee must have a treasurer who completes and submits the financial reports.
Does my committee need to file with Hennepin County?
The following committees file campaign finance reports with Hennepin County
- Principal candidate committees
- County offices in Hennepin County
- Offices in the City of Minneapolis and Special School District No. 1
- Offices in the City of Bloomington
- Offices in the City of Brooklyn Park
- Political committees and funds
- Which contribute to the campaign committees listed above
- Whose major purpose is to influence a county wide or city ballot issue for the cities listed above
How to register (or amend an existing) committee
How to submit campaign finance reports
- Review the current year due dates to determine when your reports are due
- Review the report instructions (DOC 56kb)
- Treasurer completes and submits the appropriate report
Use our contact information on the right to submit reports and/or questions to our campaign finance coordinator.