Specialty Programs Descriptions (DOC).
Specialty Programs Generic Referral (DOC).
Goodwill/Easter Seals Moving Forward Program
HealthChoices provides medical evaluations of disabilities and mental health issues and recommendations for employment activities and treatment.
Open Access Connections (Formerly Twin Cities Community Voice Mail)
PACE-- HIRED's Program for Academic and Career Excellence PACE provides MFIP employment services to young parents ages 18 - 25. Please read the attached flyer for program eligibility guidelines.
PPL- Change Points Program--Sanction Resolution Program
Refugee Employment Services (RES) lists bilingual and bicultural projects funded by the State of Minnesota Office of Refugee Resettlement to help recent arrivals (in the U.S. for 5 years or fewer.) RES projects help refugees locate job openings, identify child care, fill out job applications, and use public transportation.
Tree Trust Supported Work Program
Tree Trust Unpaid Work Program
WERC-- Supported Work
Budgeting and financing websites
- Help Minnesota Save is a clearinghouse of information and resources for direct service staff working to help people become economically secure through financial literacy education and asset building. This site is targeted to direct service staff to support them in staying current on financial-related information and promoting best practices in financial coaching of their clients.
- Work Incentives Connections can help determine the effect work will have on someone receiving benefits, including MFIP and SSI.
- Ready for Success Clothing, accessories and personal care items for job seekers. Referrals must me made via the Ready for Success website. Click here (PDF) for a brochure.
Correctional, crime, and justice information
www.vcn.org Virtual Career Network--Health Care Resources Funded by the DOL and developed by the American Association of Community Colleges. Explore career options, take free on-line classes, locate training and education programs and find job openings.
Employer Partnership of the Armed Forces is an innovative public-private program that offers business owners the opportunity to hire highly skilled service members during and after they have completed their military service. Over 650,000 job posting on the website from 2,000 employers.
MNPAVE -- A partnership between MNDOT and DHS to help MFIP participants get jobs with MNDOT.
Food and nutrition resources
Health, dental, and mental health resources
Interpreter and translator assistance
Lists of resources
Social Security and disability
Chamberlin Edmonds provides advocacy for clients who apply for federal SSI.
Short-term training programs for clients
Construction: MnDOT-DEED 2013 Highway Heavy Construction Training Program. The HHCT program provides construction laborer employment preparation and training opportunities for women and minorities, who are traditionally underrepresented in the highway construction industry. Please refer to the brochure for more information. Supporting information includes: Application information, poster in English, poster in Spanish, and Powerpoint presentation.
- PSP: FREE 13 week culinary training program. Course is offered every three months. Click here for the flyer.
Multiple training options:
- Eastside Neighborhood Services vocational training: Personal & Home Care Aide, forklift operator, Servesafe Food Safely Manager and Leadership Management. NEW: Spanish Servsafe Food Safety Manager
- Goodwill Easter Seals Training Programs (PDF) Skills training programs in banking and finance, medical office, customer service/call center, construction, automotive service technician, and retail.
- Takoda Institute of Higher Learning (A division of AIOIC) Skills and certification programs in business, health care and computer information.New: Health Information Technology and Health Occupations Careers. Many programs are free or covered by Pell grants.
Social Media Training