Green Partners Environmental Education Program
Engage, educate, act and collaborate for the environment
Hennepin County provides funding and support to organizations to implement projects that empower residents to reduce waste, increase recycling, reduce toxicity, conserve energy and protect water quality.
The Green Partners Program consists of three groups with varying levels of support and requirements.
- Seed Group: Receive free field trip transportation and activity supplies.
- Root Group: Receive up to $8,000 to implement a project based on existing resources.
- Branch Group: Receive up to $15,000 to implement an innovative project.
Eligible organizations include:
- Registered nonprofit organizations such as community groups, youth programs, congregations, etc.
- Park districts
- Private and public schools and school districts, including community education programs like Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE)
Refer to the Green Partners Environmental Education Program factsheet (PDF) to learn more about the differences between the groups and to decide the best fit for your organization.
Applications are now being accepted for Branch and Root group funding. Seed group applications are accepted at any time.
See the group information for application materials. See meetings for upcoming information meetings.