Community health improvement partnership
Community partnerships help communities create, improve, and sustain physical and social environments that keep residents healthy and actively engaged in life.
Envisioning a healthier Hennepin County
The five Community Health Boards of Hennepin County convened the Community Health Improvement Partnership (CHIP) to foster and strengthen successful partnerships to improve health in our shared community. The intent of this collaborative work is to:
- Develop a shared vision for improving health across public and private organizations.
- Establish common health-related priorities within and across multiple organizations.
- Identify actionable steps that could be executed collectively or collaboratively.
- Foster complementary action and alignment of efforts.
- Coordinate use of assets and resources to gain efficiencies and bridge gaps.
This plan, written on behalf of the partnership is intended to:
- Document the progress to-date.
- Be a guide for collaborative planning and action.
- Influence strategic planning efforts at the individual organizational level.
- It has been developed using the Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships (MAPP) process, a community engagement planning tool.
CHIP 2017 Community Health Needs Assessment (PDF 14MB)
CHIP Plan 2012-2015 (PDF)
- The 2012-2015 Community Health Improvement Plan for Hennepin County Residents – a summary of the results of the 2012 planning process and the targeted strategic health goals
Appendix 1: Participants (PDF)
- CHIP leadership group, forum participants, and survey participants
Appendix 2: The MAPP process details (PDF)
- Overview of the MAPP process and how it was used in this planning process. Includes tables of summary information from the CHIP forum discussions and survey, characteristics of a healthy community and themes, and SWOT (strength, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) and Forces of Change discussions.
Appendix 3A: Data details (PDF)
- 3.A.1. Hennepin Public Health Data website information
- 3.A.2. 2012 CHIP survey questions and summary results
- 3.A.3. Data PowerPoints from the CHIP forums 1 & 3
- 3.A.4. Key findings from the 2010 SHAPE adult survey
- 3.A.5. Key findings from the 2010 SHAPE child survey
- 3.A.6. List of Community Health Assessment Indicator fact sheets from the Hennepin Public Health Data website
Appendix 3B: Indicator fact sheets (PDF)
- Indicator fact sheets with data available during the 2012 CHIP process
- CHIP planning data: provides links to the various data sources accessed for the community health assessment and data work for this process.
Public health data
- This site provides links to information the results of the community health assessment.
Current CHIP steering committee members (DOCX)
- This document provides a listing of the current CHIP Steering Committee members and their associated organizations.
For more information, contact Jeremy Gharineh by phone at 612-348-4092 or by email at email@example.com.